Sunday, November 17, 2013

Progression


In the entertainment industry the goal is progression. But, the question is which is the best way to move forward. Moving forward is hard especially when you are trying to focus on more than one thing at a time. I believe that the best way to move forward is to work on one thing at a time. Once you have perfected the one thing begin working on something else. This is where the problem lies. An artist can work on one part of their craft but there is always room for improvement. When is it time to move on to the next thing. My company has successfully thrown events, but there is a lot of things that we can work on. We want to expand, and we also want to work on other ventures. I believe that we are in a good place with events but we are far from reaching our goals.

The question I am faced with is should I continue to focus my efforts on throwing these events or should I try to begin to work on other things as well. I am at a place where I feel as though I can start to work on other things and it won’t take away from events. Not all of my business partners feel the same way. Other members of my company feel that we should keep throwing parties and events until we sell out every event. Until we can charge more for entry because of the demand. Until we become celebrities for our events.

I am not sure if what they are saying is the best option. I think that we could venture out and do other things and that will in turn help promote our parties. While working in groups majority rules. I am not sure if one way of approaching the situation is right. Or even if one way is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment