Sunday, August 11, 2013

Loyalty or Money?



In the entertainment industry the best asset you have is your network. Networking is key. While networking you will be presented with lots of opportunities. Some of these opportunities will make you ask yourself this question “Is loyalty more important than my money?” Meaning there may be a point in time when you have to do something that someone in you network might not like to make more money.

Growing up I found out that loyalty is important in any relationship that you pursue. My opinion is that loyalty is more important, but making money is the goal. You have to find a middle ground for both. And the key to this is open communication. I am one of the founding members of a entertainment company and we are faced with this problem everyday. We mainly throw parties and events. I also have my personal brand that I am building separate from the company. The loyalty part comes in where my personal brand is asked to work with a competitor, then I have to make a decision. Should I take the money the competitor is offering or should I remain loyal to my company.

Everyone is not going to agree with every move that I make. But in order to remain loyal I keep them informed and if something is brought to my attention that it is in fact dis-loyal I choose loyalty every time. I feel loyalty is more important. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment